Thursday 14 November 2013

Sail The Outdoor Superstore set to lower the boom in beautiful Cambridge, Ontario




My good buddy and fishing guide, Keith of Keith's Trophy Fish'n in Cambridge, ON calls me up Wednesday night and reads aloud "Sail set to land in Cambridge ...Press Conference scheduled for Thursday 14/11/2013"...I stop him and clearly stated "I needed to know that yesterday!"


No harm, no foul, because I was able to make it to the location with time to spare due to an earlier appointment, I asked over and over at the front desk of the hotel " are you sure there's no secret Sail meeting you're just not allowed to tell me about"...even a local paper was confused as to the meeting place for this reveal.

Being my first investigative journalism gig I was nervous, but after firing some questions off to Cambridge Mayor, Doug Craig, who's thrilled to see this new development coming into the region; it was simply a game of connect the dots after that.  Smiles all around as Tony Mignacca, took time with me to explain his reasoning's for the location.

MPP Rob Leone and President of the Cambridge Chamber of Commerce Greg Durocher were on hand with statements as well.


Mr.Leone conveyed, how he grew up in the area and how fishing with his family and friends and the outdoors was and still is today a big focus politically and personally.

Richard Diamond, Senior Vice President of Canderel is very pleased and mentioned how in the new development it would be a complete demo to remodelling retro-fit style construction operation in turn taking the old façade away and leaving a new shining 70,000Sq.Ft  Flagship store in it's wake.









No comments:

Post a Comment